New Products in time for Xmas
1. A Chilli growing kit in a full-colour gift box. All you need to get off to a great start growing chillies. See our online shop in the Growing Equipment section.
2. Our fifth flavour of chilli chocolate is finally ready - Coffee-Bean! We have been working with coffee Guru Richard Hawkins (founder of Hawkins coffee) to develop this wonderful new flavour - freshly roasted and ground coffee beans in our chilli chocolate - a winning combination!
3. The world's hottest chilli! We have imported Bhut Jolokia (pronounced 'Boot' we think) from Assam, India. This is the origin of all the recent 'who's got the hottest' show-downs. This chilli is also known as the Naga Jolokia, and the Bih Jolokia. It is of the same family as Habaneros, but beats the previous record holder (Red Savina, champion since 1994) by a huge margin. The Red Savina was recorded at 577,000 Scoville Heat Units in 1994, but the Bhut Jolokia was tested by the Chile Pepper Institute of New Mexico and recorded a score of 1,041,427! See our dried chilli section for packets of Bhut Jolokia.
4. To help you stay safe when handling extremely hot chillies, we have assembled a Chilli Handling kit:
- Food handling gloves – size large
- Stylish safety glass from ‘bolle’
- A valved fine dust and mist respirator from 3M
5,6 & 7. Three new seed varieties are also available: Apache F1, Peruvian Purple, and Aji Limon - all fantastic plants.