Tours and Activities
Free Summer Activities - Until 8th September
Chilli Growing Advice Sessions (Tuesday to Friday at 11 am)
Plant growing Q & A plus seed-sowing and plant potting-on demos.
No booking required - just turn up and gather in our gazebo
Mini Tour of the Chilli Farm (Monday to Friday at 2.30pm and Saturday and Sunday at 11.00am)
Approximately 20 mins. We will show you around the site and talk all about the farm with lots of handy information and interesting anecdotes about chillies and the chilli farm. Lots of opportunities to ask any questions you might have about chillies!
No booking required - just turn up and gather at our tour meeting point
Fresh Chilli Tasting Challenge (Monday to Friday at 3pm approx. - after the 2.30pm tour)
Tasters of fresh chillies from mild to extreme heat - how hot can you go?
Take the challenge and get your name on our Chilli Wall of Flame!!
Pre-Booked Private Tour of the Farm
If you can't make one of our free tours, we can offer a private tour for individuals or groups.
The cost of a private tour is £25 for up to 5 people and then £5 per person for every extra person.
Groups of over 20 people - £4 per person
Usually March to December, but not during the School Holidays.
Please telephone to book
Tour length = 1 hour approximately
Both the Free Tour and the Private Tour include:
- Information about the history of the chilli farm and how it was set up
- Information about chilli varieties, heats, uses and where they come from
- Information about our chilli products, how they are made and can be used
- A tour of the growing areas: seed sowing (Mar - Apr) pot plants (May - Sep) crop and show tunnel (Jul - Dec)
- Optional chilli challenge - (mid July - end Sep) sample a range of fresh chillies in varying heats - how hot can you go?